INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PET FISH BOWL:
With their permission the following CRAFT IDEA is taken from the website : www.FIRST PALETTE.com.
Thank You First Palette for this fun idea!
- Kids 8 years and younger should use child-safe scissors.
- Wash hands thoroughly after finger painting
- Position a paper plate with the bottom side up. Turn it into a fish bowl by drawing a wavy line to mark the water level.
- Let’s learn some basics of creating color shades. Put some blue, black and white paint on your palette. Make sure you’ve got a lot of the blue paint.
- Transfer some of the blue paint onto one of your empty palette sections. Add a little black to it.
- Put several drops of water and mix. You’ve just created dark blue. If you add a little black to any color, you come up with a darker shade of that color. The more you add black, the darker the shade becomes.
- Now let’s make a light shade of blue. Again, transfer some of your blue paint into an empty section in your palette. Add some white paint to it.
- Add a bit of water and mix. This time you’ve created light blue. And of course, the more white paint you add, the lighter the shade becomes.
- It’s time to paint!
- Paint the area above the water mark with the light blue color.
- Paint the area below the water mark with the blue paint.
- Make some wavy lines with the dark blue paint. After you’re done, set the paper plate aside to dry.
- Draw three fish shapes. Cut out the fish shapes.
- Paint or draw details on the fishes. You can paint the fishes with all sorts of lines and patterns or you can color or paint them with mostly solid colors.
- Glue the fishes onto the paper plate fish bowl.
- You can finger paint some bubbles if you like!
TRACE this picture of a Beta Fish Below:
Cut it out and paste into the bowl.
Beta fish usually like to be in a bowl by themselves.
Find Other fish templates at http://www.firstpalette.com/tool_box/printables/Fishes.html
For More Craft Ideas for kids visit www.firstpalette.com